Cindy and I arrived in a timely manner today despite rumors of mass road construction in the cities. Slowly but surely our group assembled and went through the check in and security clearance. We made conversation with a handsome young gentleman with a lovely accent who was extremely anxious to get home to New York so that he could see his family and tuck his kids into bed. Some of us sailed through security...Cindy was the lucky random check today. I am still convinced it was racial profiling! All of our flights took off on time and we were blessed with safe travel.
It is funny and amazing how already this group of people some of whom had never seen let alone met seem to quickly get to know each other and find funny things in common. For instance I sat next to Elaine Hoffman on the plane to New York and while we were visiting we discovered that she was originally from Wesley. Her maiden name was Neuroth and she is related to a my sister's niece, Tabetha. In further discussion upon her finding out where I work, she found out she is related to Susan Pergande who works at the hospital. It truly is a small world.
We have one very brave young woman on the trip that has never flown before. She is alone on the trip so we are trying to keep an eye out to make sure she is with the group and visit with her a little if we see she is alone.
Our flight to Venice was uneventful which is a good thing in the world or travel. One thing that was amazing was to look out our windows and see the Swiss Alps. That was truly an awesome sight. I didn't get much sleep as the seats were typically uncomfortable and it was a wee bit chilly. I did take in a movie, "Monsters University" and Cindy watched "Parental Guidance". I had hopes that watching a movie would make me sleepy but that really didn't work.
Upon arrival in Venice, everyone got their luggage which is always a relief. Fr. Miller though, walked away to go to the area where we were to meet our tour guide and left his suitcase there in the middle of nowhere. So I pulled both our suitcases along and once I caught up to him asked him, "Did you forget something?" He was totally oblivious to the face he had left his suitcase! What is he going to do for 3 days in Austria without me!
We got our group together with the tour guide where our suitcases were taken to the hotel and we were to take about a "10 minute walk" to our water taxi which would take us to the hotel.
After checking into the room we are trying to get oriented to the room. Cindy is bound and determined to learn to use the bidet yet! I say, more power to ya! We took a brief rest and then went out and walked around and looked at some of the local shops to take in what kinds of things there are featured and the different price points they are offered at. Hopefully our tour tomorrow will clue us in on more places to look. Right now we are freshening up and getting ready to go to our welcome dinner. Looking forward to a shower and some fresh clothes!!! Hopefully I'll have time and more stories to tell tomorrow! Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment