Well, this last week has been a busy one. During the week I wound up things at work -- finishing up little notes and problems and trying to make sure those that are filling in for me have all the info they need to do their jobs. I believe everything will be just fine. This weekend has been even busier. Elizabeth's Pharmacy helped me to get the refills I needed to complete my trip so that I don't run out while in Italy. They have been really great to deal with. After that I headed to the church to put the numbers up for the songs on Sunday. While I went through a couple of songs (kind of lamely since I forgot my glasses!), I was hearing what sounded like a 'drip'. I just shook my head and dismissed it as me just hearing things. When I shut the keyboard off, I kept hearing it and upon investigation discovered that I was not crazy. There really was a leak in the room just off the choir loft. Long story short, a waste basket was put under to catch the drip and maybe by the time I get back it will be all fixed. From the church I went to get my nails done and from there back uptown to pick up drycleaning and another prescription. By this time I was STARVING so I went home and Mike and I went up to the Titanium Lunchbox and had each had a wrap as they were on special for $5. After lunch, we went home to do some laundry and to get ready for our pictures we had taken for the church's pictorial directory. Once that was done I came home and scrubbed the grout in my kitchen. I didn't have the time/energy to tackle the dining room side but at least my master bathroom and kitchen have bright clean grout!!!
Sunday was a pretty typical Sunday. We went to mass and listened to Fr. Miller explain about the clustering that has gone on in our six parishes. Afterwards Mike and Reed went to the Hobo House for breakfast and I came home to do more laundry and housework. I ended up on the couch after reading the Sunday papers taking a little nap. It must not have been a long enough nap because I was so tired I went to bed just after 6:30. I slept soundly until just after 9:30 when I woke up with a migraine. I went in the kitchen and took some Excedrin which got rid of my headache just like that but with the caffeine in the Excedrin I was unable to get back to sleep. I watched the movie 'Bridesmaids' and I really enjoyed it. Some parts were pretty gross (the scene in the dress shop bathroom!!) but overall was pretty enjoyable. After that movie was done I was just disgusted that I couldn't get back to sleep. Mike came to bed and I finally got to sleep sometime after 4:30. I heard Mike's alarm go off but quickly remembered that I didn't have to get up for anything today!!! Once I did get up I did some dishes and Mike and I went to Mason City to get the corporate taxes done. After that I had Mike drop me off at Kohl's while he ran some other errands and I dug through their sales racks. Since there were only about 5 other people in the store it was kind of a nice and relaxing time. Once we got home I did some serious packing and rethinking every outfit that I had originally laid out after looking at the weather on the internet. Fr. Miller is so lucky -- he doesn't have to think about what he is going to wear. Just take a couple of black shirts and black pants and his collar and he's good to go! I just decided that I would just make do with what I have thrown in my suitcase and call it good. We then went in to see my folks and say my good-byes and 'I love you's before I go.
That being done we went home and I polished my toenails and am trying to throw some last minute things in the bags. I had to to another post to make sure I knew how to run this Kindle with its bluetooth keyboard and new-fangled stuff. I hope I can meet if not exceed my last trip's blog posts. I've got to make sure to take pictures of my meals for all my "foodie" friends and co-workers out there! I'd better get the last of my packing done and get some sleep if at all possible. I am soooooo excited!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry I didn't receive your call, Mother. I went to the Health Center to get my flu shot. I never take my cell phone with me when I'm out. No hard feelings. Tried to call you back, but, probably on the plane. Love you and have a safe trip along with the rest of the pilgrims. Enjoy Italy.
With you all in prayer, Kristi! Having traveled to Rome with Fr. Kopacek in 1996, I am just as excited when others are able to make the pilgrimage. And that this is your second trip will make it even more memorable...may God bless you all & keep the blog posts coming! :) --Mary Ann
Post a Comment