Monday, September 30, 2013
Monday Means Moving on to the Last Leg of the Journey
Once again, I am having trouble getting pictures to upload to the blog tonight. Maybe when I get home and have more time, I will be able to update them with more pictures.
We started today with a rather foggy, dreary looking day as we departed from our hotel in Assisi. We were taken to mass at St. Mary of the Angels Basilica. The above picture is Fr. Miller and the deacon after mass. We all thought these vestments were most beautiful.
From there we drove to a vineyard and winery in Montefalco. I really wanted to get the picture of the beautiful table they had spread before us for the wine tasting. They had proscuito, Parmesan and mozzerella cheeses, bread and a piece of dark chocolate to go with the wine. I don't think that all of us realized that this was also our lunch. Just as we were departing from the vineyard the rain started in again and we drove in that for about an hour and a half on the way to Rome. We stopped at an AutoGrille for snacks and a break. Father Miller tried to buy a Diet Coke but didn't have anything smaller than a 5 euro bill and they wouldn't break that for him, he needed exact change. So he ended up just putting it back. Do you really think that would happen in the states? Turn down business because you just don't have the change? Hmmmm.
We got back on the road to Rome and were given a driving tour of some of the sights that we could see on our free time. While we were pulling up to our hotel, I spotted an optical store and so Cindy and I made a beeline down there to get my glasses fixed. A new screw and a cleaning of the glasses all for a euro. That made me a happy camper!
Our dinner tonight was close by (in my terms anyway) but not the highest quality of food and the service was a little to be desired. We've had better earlier in the trip. Now I must sign off as we have kind of a brutal day tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if the whole group can make it! Should be interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy to hear your glasses are fixed!! And hope the weather straightens out for sightseeing this week. But then, it's ROME--weather doesn't really matter. *Being* there does. :)
Post a Comment