Tuesday, June 15, 2010


The boys honored a great teacher and mentor on Sunday. Dave Padderud retired from teaching after over 30 years teaching at Britt/West Hancock school district. He's done wonders for both Micah and Reed and they both think the world of him as he does of them. He has had some health problems in the past couple of years and says "he would rather exit gracefully". He plans on spending time helping his wife with her business as well as spending more time with his family. I hope he has many "golden" years to come. While at the retirement party I got the chance to visit with Mrs. Weed, my high school vocal music teacher. She truly is a legend in her own time. After she retired from teaching, she worked as a tour guide on bus tours. She did that for 14 years and recently retired from that. She looks great and probably has more energy than I do! Hopefully retirement will treat me half as well someday!

Mike and I ventured over to Mason City today to get our corporate taxes done. I just had to kid him though. I was all dressed and ready for work and he insists we take the truck...I was wearing white pants! We looked like "Green Acres" material as we arrived in that parking lot. He had on his jeans and a grubby tee-shirt and hadn't shaved in three days. Our accountant, Chuck and his boss, Dennis both complimented my appearance and Chuck commented on Mike's stubbly face as well. Chuck and I live to 'rib' Mike. Chuck likes it when I come along for these appointments so that we can gang up on Mike!

I made a strawberry pie last night only to discover on my return home from work that it had disappeared. Mike and I each had a piece last night before bed and Reed finished off the rest of it today. Micah is totally innocent as he wouldn't touch any kind of pie with a 10 foot pole. Boys...arrrggghhh!

I have a great website that I can purchase sheet music, download and print it. I was browsing on it this weekend as I have a couple weddings coming up and wanted some ideas. I ended up buying 3 songs. I did get one song that was just for fun...you know, not one that I would play at a wedding or funeral and most certainly not at mass! I just love finding a good piece of music to learn merely for variety. Now I'm hooked on sitting down and playing my new music...I'm going to have to close the cover on the keys or I will get absolutely nothing done here!

No comments: