Sunday, June 20, 2010





Saturday we spent the better part of the day at a dear friend's wedding. John Weishaar, who is a cantor at church and a funeral director who works at Ewing Funeral Chapel, married Amy Tynan. Mike and picked up Cindy Pistek, ate lunch at Mason City and then headed to Charles City for the wedding. Brenda Smith arrived in the parking lot just as we were getting out of our vehicle so she timed that just perfectly (which was great because she had the gift and we had the card!). It was a very nice and I must say unique wedding in many ways and now the happy couple are honeymooning in Jamaica. Congratulations John and Amy!!

In order to keep Mike entertained, I gave him the camera and he went about getting some crazy shots. I was not aware he was taking the picture with Brenda but don't we just look hot!!! The couple in the shades are Allan and Francis Doughan (another famous couple from St. Patrick's!). They were doing their best to keep Brenda and I in line during the reception. They did a pretty good job as we were able to easily breeze through the music at mass today!




Gabby came home this weekend so on Saturday she did me a huge favor and took the boys to Mason City. Reed was in major need of a haircut and I gave a hint that it might be nice to pick up something for their dear old dad for Father's Day. Mission was accomplished as you can see Reed has a mighty fine summer haircut and Mike received the DVD of The Book of Eli for Father's Day. Thank you Gabby Dear!



My sister, Cyndi, came up from Cedar Rapids for the day to spend a few hours with the family. We got together and ate (what else!). We each chipped in and got my dad a new flag pole and now the son-in-laws will be in charge of putting it up. Dad was having a devil of a time with his hearing aid today. It kept whistling and squealing all day. Cyndi said that during lunch, my mom kept thinking the phone was ringing but it was just Dad's hearing aid. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be for dad to live in a world of silence. We took the opportunity to take pictures while we were all together. (This was even Dad's idea!) Believe me, take pictures of your family whenever you are all together and treasure them just as you should every minute you are together. You never know when that last time will be that you will be together. We did get a couple really good pictures and I told Mom she should use one of them for her Christmas card. I think she is really going to give that some serious consideration!

Got home from the folks' and mowed until it started to get a little too dark to start another area. I really like to mow as it gives immediate satisfaction of a job well done. I can tell my boys have been mowing though as they don't get as daring with the lawn mower as I do...you know... to boldly mow where no man has mowed before!

Happy Father's Day to all Dads (and Fathers) out there following this blog!

No comments: