Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Week of Ups and Downs

This week we said good-bye to a very dear lady in our community and parish, Marlys Kelly. She passed away a week ago and her funeral itself was on Wednesday. The visitation was enormous, how could it not be with as many lives as she touched. Fr. Brad Pelzel came for the funeral and she was honored to have three priests officiating at her funeral. She will be missed greatly by all, but most especially by her husband Paul and her nine children and the rest of her family. Please keep Marlys and her family in your prayers.




Mike and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this week. Some anonymous person placed a "Happy 25th Anniversary Mike and Kristi Hejlik" on the bank clock and possibly the same person put our picture in the local paper this week so we are enjoying receiving cards and congratulations when we go out in public this week. I even took the entire day off work (not just for the anniversary as that was the day of the funeral) and hung out at home and cooked and even took a nap. Eventually I woke up and Mike and I went out to eat and stopped at a friend's to visit on the way home. I can't speak for Mike, but those 25 years did go by rather quickly and I have to say they have been for the most part a very happy 25 years of my life.

While visiting with Frs. Huber and Pelzel after the funeral, the subject of our anniversary came up and Fr. Huber offered to do a renewal of our vows at church on Sunday. With a little arm twisting from him, we agreed and did so at mass today. He said that we were the youngest couple he has had the honor to do this for. I invited my parents and my sister and her husband to mass today so they could share in the joy. After mass, we took everyone to Hillside Country Club for breakfast. It was nice to see my parents get out of the house and amongst people as they don't do so as often as we would like them to. Gabby even came home after I told her on Thursday that we were going to do this today. It really was kind of a last minute deal but sometimes those are the best kinds of things.

The rain just doesn't seem to want to quit. On Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, we received a lightning strike on a tree by my dad's bins. It wreaked some havoc on his electrical system at the bin site as well as the neighbor's shop and bin site. Then again on Friday that poor tree dropped another branch in a storm. We received 0.9" Saturday night again. Hopefully this week we can dry off. Even though it needs it desperately, I don't think I will be mowing lawn any time soon. Good thing I did so last Sunday evening!

I can't believe this week will bring about the end of June. As one of our lovable gentleman at the hospital pointed out to us on Friday, 6 months until Christmas! There's something to think about! Hopefully the month end data entry will go smoothly and we will have it all done before the long holiday weekend.

1 comment:

Bobby Jo Andreasen said...

Can't believe you got Grandma and Grandpa out of the house!! Congrats on 25 years!!