Mike and I went shopping at Kohl's as was my plan. Mike desperately needed some new clothes and I was lucky enough to get the 30% off every purchase. So off we went through the store, I checked out clearance racks and got a pair of white pants and a couple simple dress, oh, and I did get a new pair of shoes. (I promise I will go in my closet and get rid of one pair of shoes to make room for these!) Mike got a pair of dress pants and a few dress and casual shirts. I hate to say this but he is starting to dress like an old man but truthfully he still looks hot! After going through the check out, I saved a whopping $400 dollars (no, I didn't spend near that amount!). After that we hit Apache Mall as I needed to go to Victoria Secret. (Yes, I needed to go as Mike broke the Cardinal Rule of laundry. He washed my unmentionables, namely my NEW bra and ruined it.) Like any husband, Mike waited outside on a bench while I made my purchase. Then he said he needed some new dress shoes. Off to JCPenney's we went and he tried on shoes. He really is worse than a woman when it comes to trying on shoes. He finally got it narrowed down to 2 that looked identical to the naked eye. After much hemming and hawing, he made a decision and another good purchase was made.
Following all of this shopping, we went back to Mike's brother, Jeff's, house and watched some TV. I was kidding Mike about him missing "The Young and the Restless" and Jeff started snickering. He said, "Well, we can watch it now, I have it recorded!" OMG! It must be a family thing! So we watched the trials and tribulations of Genoa City commercial free. Jeff then took us to my appointment with Dr. Cascino. Everything is going well with my medications and my seizures seem to be under control so I don't have to come back for another year. Great news!
Jeff picked us up and we went to Mr. Pizza for a late lunch. We split some macho nachos and we all had pizza slices. Jeff was brave and tried the mashed potato pizza. We then dropped Jeff back at his house and I had Mike drop me off at Kirkland's (my favorite store!) and sent him to the mall for some KarmelKorn to eat on the way home.
Upon return home, I put the new clothes away and put on my new jammies I got at Kirklands and opened up the bottle of "Mad Housewife" that our dear Frs.gave me and am indulging in a fresh, hot chocolate chip cookie (not sure if this is the right wine for cookies or not but who cares?). (I told Mike I wanted just a 'little' but with the amount he gave me I believe he may be thinking of taking advantage of me tonight!)
No comments:
Post a Comment