Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Dear Mugsy!

Well, I eased back into the work week on Tuesday. I thought those four days would never get over with! Completed the data entry and financials for month-end on Tuesday and just struggled to get through the rest of the week. I still won't have a full week to work this week as I am scheduled to go to Rochester for a recheck this Wednesday. Hopefully it will be just lab work and a routine visit with prescription renewals. I do plan on doing a little shopping while I am up there as Mike is in need of some new clothes. Don't know if he will be going up there with me or not but even if he doesn't, he's getting some new clothes just the same!

Had a get-together on Friday night with some couples and families from the church, oh and a couple of priests were there too! Jenn and Joey Bourg brought a roaster full of jambalaya and everybody brought a dish of this and that and as they say, "a good time was had by all!" I didn't get any pictures taken of this event as I was just too busy enjoying everyone's company to snap pictures. I'll just have to remember the goings on in my mind (at least until dementia settles in!)



My baby had a birthday this weekend. Mugsy is officially a year old as of Saturday. Gabby and I gave him a bath today and he was fairly compliant until the rinse portion. By the time we were done, I was covered in "dog" from head to toe. He is getting the hang of "sit" but beyond that he really doesn't know any great tricks. I notice when I mow the lawn that he has kind of figured out that he needs to do his duty further away from the house so that is a good thing!

After we got home from church and breakfast today, Reed and I went out to finish planting the perennials we picked up last Monday. With his help, they are all planted. Now to wait and see if I can keep them flourishing! I don't exactly have a green thumb so keep your fingers crossed!

Micah sang at a wedding on Saturday and picked up a few $$ for that. I must say it was difficult for me to sit downstairs and listen, knowing exactly where in the songs he had troubles hitting the notes, remembering the words, etc... Plus he was not accompanied by mom so there was that getting used to someone else's style. Mike asked me if I should go upstairs and sit with Micah for the wedding but I told him that I just needed to "let go" and have him do this for himself. He did a good job and yes, he is glad it's over with.

Have a rather busy week ahead as I look at the calendar but as of now, I don't see any big plans for the weekend yet. Could that really be true?!? Tune in next week!

No comments: