Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall Break -- Day One

Well here it is, Micah's official first day of Fall break and I'm sure you're all expecting something really exciting right? Sorry to disappoint but not a lot of thrill today. Just a ho-hum day but not totally wasted though.

I actually slept until 7:42 which is astounding for me. (Probably helped that I was kept up during the night due to some creative snoring on Mike's part.) Micah got out of bed at about 8:30 so we didn't waste too much of our day sleeping. I got a couple loads of laundry done including our sheets, showered and then took off to do a few errands. Micah called Mr. Padderud and visited with him on the phone for a while. Mike needed a way to get home from Frank Wellik's field so Micah drove the diesel and I followed to pick him up. What Mike neglected to tell us over the phone was that Frank caught a skunk in his trap and ooooh did it ever smell over there. Needless to say we didn't stay and chat with Mike and Dan. From there we headed over to Garner as I had to turn in a form in order to retain my driver's license. I got to the courthouse and, lo and behold, the doctor forgot to sign the form. I whipped out my cell phone and called the Garner Clinic and Christa said that Dr. Nelson was in the office until noon so I hightailed it down there and had him sign the form. Wait until I talk to Pat Mattoon -- she is going to get some crap for that one! Went back to the courthouse and the 'regular' gal who takes care of these forms was at lunch but another lady helped me. It took some doing as the computer kept telling her she forgot this and that but she finally got it figured out. Last but not least was the wonderful picture taking experience. This is my first experience with the "no smile" picture business. The computer rejected my picture FOUR times (I guess the first three times weren't ugly enough!) Let me tell you that is NOT a pic that will be downloaded to this blog!

Upon returning to the parking lot, I found Micah starving to death in the Expedition. We headed to Subway and then made a quick trip to Farm Credit to pay off a seed/chemical loan. There is nothing that will squelch a shopping trip quicker than writing a check out of that proportion! Micah and I decided that shopping was a no go and so we headed back to Britt. However, I did stop at Ollenburg motors to test drive a vehicle I've had my eye on. It is a navy Cadillac SRX. It did drive pretty nice and in my opinion they didn't have a horrible price on it. At least I got to drive it to see how it handles.

I dropped Micah off at the school to say "hi" to his teachers and he then came home with Reed after school. I took a little nap and then came in to make supper...Spam sandwiches! This, believe it or not, is a treat to our family (the Smith side). Now to veg out, read the paper and go to bed to gear up for day 2.

No comments: