Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Perfect End to a Perfectly Busy Week

I'm just kind of letting myself do little or nothing today to wind down from a busy weekend. All week I kept rather busy but can't exactly remember what I did...oh wait...flu shot clinics!!! What a mess! Oh well, at least that's done for the year. At least I got my mom to come to the 'drive-thru' clinic so she didn't even have to get out of her car. Even that took a little persuasion but she is sooo glad she got that done and can't believe how all the hospital employees seem to know who she is...Kristi's mom. Also looking back I did have a lot of money posted to the books this week so that is good for business.

This was the big wedding weekend for Renee Smidt and Keith Nelson. The soloist arrived (eventually) on Friday and we went through the music before rehearsal. She had a really hard time catching on to "Parents' Prayer". Fortunately our musically gifted priest offered to sing it (it was sung during the seating of the family). He did a super fantastic job and we got through the wedding very well. The hardest part of playing for any wedding is getting everyone down the aisle with just the right amount of music. Another nightmare is the recessional "Wedding March". I had the misfortune to see a clip on America's Funniest Home Videos where the organist screwed up EVERY chord of the wedding march and all I can envision is that being me and ending up on that show! What a nightmare!

Mike and I went to the rehearsal supper with Fr. Miller so it gave us a chance to visit and get to know him better. We gave him some restaurant tips on the Clear Lake and Mason City area (seems the Pizza Ranch is getting a little tiresome) and told him the alternate route between Britt/Garner without having to take Highway 18 which he despises driving on. We also had some laughs at Fr. Huber's expense and may or may not have done a little plotting and scheming in that department! He really is a nice guy and did just a super job at the wedding on Saturday.

I will finally get to see my boy again on Wednesday! He told me this weekend that he got himself a haircut and promised to shave before he comes home. He also was going to do a little laundry today so he didn't have to bring home a mountain of it on Wednesday. I am taking Thursday and Friday off work while he is at home. On Friday, we are planning on going on a bus trip to see the Dead Sea scrolls so that will take one of the days. We will have to get some major visiting done on Thursday and Saturday. I am afraid the time will fly by faster than I know.

I did get a few things accomplished today. The music from weddings and etc. is all put away so I can actually see my piano once again. Also got the counters in the kitchen wiped down but good and the dishes done so I guess it's getting about time for me to see what the guys have in mind for supper tonight. I'm thinkin' popcorn or pizza...hmmmmmm.

No comments: