Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Micah Comes Home



The day has finally arrived! This afternoon I looked up from my desk and there was this smiling, clean-shaven face looking at me. (Gabby told me that on Saturday he was looking a little scruffy, so he shaved just for me apparently!) So I went to give him a big hug and visit with him for a few minutes. He hadn't been home yet as he had been visiting with Grandma and Grandpa for a little while. When I got home from work, I came in the house and saw Reed and said, "Is anybody home?" He got a great big grin on his face and said, "Yeah, Micah's home!" Micah said he actually gave him a hug when he got home which if you know Reed, that speaks volumes! We went to mass tonight and then out to the Red Rooster for supper. We still didn't have to find a table for 5. I wonder if I will ever get all the kids home at once again! I am taking the rest of the week off to spend at home with Micah. I am soooo excited!!

It seems Micah has shrunk a little in the past 6 weeks. He stepped on the scales and has lost 10 lbs. I think it's from hauling around his gigantic backpack on those hills of Dubuque. From what I can tell here, he hasn't really cut back on his eating! He had a FULL chicken strip basket tonight instead of the usual half basket that he used to get. Even Gabby has shrunk in the past year. Maybe I ought to try this college thing...no, that's kind of an expensive weight loss plan. I'll just have to get off my butt right here at home!


This was the first time Micah has gotten to see his "newly improved" room which henceforth will be a "guest room". (Sorry kid, that's what happens when you leave the nest!) He was relieved to see that I had not painted it pink (although that would have been pretty too). He has given it the thumbs up. I don't quite have it completely decorated yet. Hopefully I can make it up to Rochester and hit Kirklands for some finishing touches. I also need to dig in my storage closets for some things that I may have but have forgotten about.

Tomorrow will probably be a day of sleeping in for Micah and maybe I can get a little fall cleaning done. I'm thinking of tackling the garage. If it would just rain enough to settle the dust, I'd do windows. Who knows what the day may bring?

Welcome Home, Micah!

No comments: