The good thing about keeping so busy at work is that the days go by quickly. Before I knew it, it was Thursday and Gabby called and she decided to come home for the weekend. We decided we would take Saturday and go to Mankato for some retail therapy. On the way up as we were visiting, we figured out that the last time we had been shopping in Mankato was on her birthday in March. We were seriously overdue!
Saturday morning came and we stopped up and got donuts and milk at Casey's and deposited a couple checks in the bank and we were off. We got there at about 11:30ish and headed straight to Olive Garden. She had her typical Ravioli di Portabella and I had the soup and salad special. The great thing about eating there with gabby is I get to have ALL the black olives when we eat the salad! We then split a piece of black tie mousse cake. It was just enough to top off a delicious meal. We then hit the stores and got a ton of shopping done. Boy did we run into the Britt people up there! We'll see if we all start wearing the same clothes around town!
We headed back home around 5:30 or so. We drove thru McDonald's and each got a pop and split a large fries. By the time we got to Buffalo Center, Gabby had to pee soooooo bad she didn't think she could make it home. So we stopped at Kim Hillenga's on the Woden blacktop and caught them just as they were going to head out the driveway for supper. She ran into Kim's bathroom and got some much needed relief. We had a good laugh about that one and I'm sure we will for a while!
Gabby got a few clothes, some shoes and some bedding for her apartment. (I had a 30% super saver coupon for Kohl's and we scored big!). She also got two pairs of earrings since she has not worn actual earrings since she got her ears pierced. She finally got the courage to take put in her first pair of earrings this afteroon. Doesn't she look just too sweet? I also thoroughly cleaned my room in every nook and cranny and put on my new quilt. It's gorgeous and hopefully won't be too hot while we're sleeping.
This week Reed has a dentist appointment as he has a chipped tooth that needs fixing (I'm sure he just can't wait for that!). I also need to get a reservation made in Dubuque for the following weekend -- Family Weekend!
Reed us at the church this evening for a food drive and light supper to follow. I guess I had better make a little something for us for supper and get a little more laundry done before the whirlwind which we call 'Monday' begins.
Also -- WAY TO GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment