Went for a picnic/bonfire at Mike and Brenda Smith's yesterday evening. We had a great time just visiting and watching the kids run around. We all had to congratulate Mike and Nedra Horstman who are expecting another baby in March. Yes, you read that correctly. By the time this one finishes college, Nedra will be in her 60s and Mike in his 70s. I am soooo glad it is them and not us. I am sure it will keep them young though!
I am starting to get used to Micah being gone. I have to say I have not shed actual tears but the place just seems too weird without him. Gabby was home this weekend and when she is home that usually means the whole family is together but this time someone was missing. That reality of not having the whole family together as often is hitting hard. Everywhere I go people ask how Micah is doing. Micah, I think you are going to have to start up a blog of your own! I went in Micah's room for the first time today since he left. Micah, remember what happened to Gabby's room when she moved out? You just might come home to a "guest room" too! I haven't painted the upstairs hallway since I was pregnant with Micah so I guess it is about time I tackle that!
I did my duty as a Hancock County Memorial Hospital employee and walked the parade route in the Labor Day Parade in Kanawha. Kim Hillenga, Carmen Smith and I represented the Patient Financial Services department along with other employees from nursing, lab and administration. It was a really nice day to walk, even maybe a little bit chilly if you were just sitting while watching the parade. The parade is a short parade as the town isn't very big but it is a quaint parade. It went so fast I didn't have enough time to "work the crowd". I was handing out pixie sticks, saying 'hello' to friends and neighbors and distributing hugs to those special people in my life that I saw along the route. I could barely keep up with it all!
Well, it is time for some lunch and I'm thinking going out for pizza and going to see Dad at Mason City sounds like a plan. Maybe we can drive thru some car lots and browse...I have the other half of a garage that has yet to be filled since Micah has moved!
No comments:
Post a Comment