Well, it's that time of year again. I'm not complaining though, I do love the fall. Mostly I love the weather when it is so that you can get by wearing shorts but you might need to wear a sweatshirt with them. The harvest has begun but only barely for us. Mike has taken out 50 acres of beans and he said they yielded about 55 bushels/acre. Last week he took out 3 acres of corn which was just enough to give the neighbors the itch. I spent some time this weekend pulling a few weeds and putting some patio furniture away and scrubbing the deck. That was a waste of time as the next morning dear old Mugsy had his muddy paw prints all over it. He has learned that if he stands on the deck and looks in the bay window and barks that we will cave and let him in the garage just to shut him up. He tried this trick at 2 a.m. today and Mike went to let him in the garage. I think it was threatening to storm and that dog is one big scaredy cat!
I think my college kids are doing well. I barely hear from Gabby but I know that she is busy and doesn't have too much time to get into trouble. I would like to get down there and see her again after her roommate moves out. Then maybe she can claim the big bedroom and really clean the place spotless when the cats are out of it!
Micah must be doing all right as I hear from him less and less. He returned a call tonight from Mike but said he didn't want to talk to me when Mike asked him. He was just kind of busy. Sniff, sniff. Just a few more weeks until he comes home for fall break. Can't wait to see him again -- I will have to look at some pictures of him as I almost can't remember what he looks like! LOL!
Mike is in the process of training new mass servers at church. We went in last night and trained the first little girl, Ryann Hagen. She was very nervous but once Mike showed her how everything goes and Fr. Hertges assured her that he was not going to get mad at her if something gets forgotten, she eased up. After mass was over she was so excited. Her mom told me they got in the car and she was on cloud 9. She had so much fun and can't wait to do it again. It's so nice to see that enthusiasm for mass serving in those little ones. Hope she keeps it up and maybe even tells her friends how much fun she had.
Dad is getting a little stronger now and looks better than when he first came home from the hospital. His blood pressure is still so low. They take it before it is time to take his BP med and if the top number is below 100 he is not to take his BP meds. It has been runnin from 85-95 pretty much all week. He is pretty weak and gets around a little slower than before but is very glad to be home. His weight is going down as well. Mom said he was down to 161 lbs. I went grocery shopping for them yesterday. It is hard to shop for other people, my tastes are very different from theirs and they have dietary restrictions that I don't. They also can't chew some foods as well so I have to really think about what I put in the cart. See what I have to look forward to in my old age?!?
I came home from work early today as I was caught up at work. Did some laundry and light housework. Got a surprise package in the mail today from dear Fr. Huber. He and Fr. Dellaert were out and about on Monday and he got me a t-shirt from Cranky Hank's (Fr. Huber's first name is Henry) to remember him by. Apparently it is a bar/restaurant in Cedar Rapids that sounds similar to the OP. This gave Mike and Reed a good laugh as well. Mike is now helping Mike Horstman load hogs and Reed will be leaving soon for the pep rally/coronation for homecoming.
Tomorrow is my mom's birthday and she will be bringing treats (caramel rolls) to the exercise group at the hospital tomorrow. This little group is more of a social event than anything but it does get her moving more than her jaws. She really looks forward to seeing everyone in the group as well as the hospital employees she meets in the hallway. They all know her as "Kristi's mom" and give her a hard time. She will be 83 tomorrow.
I am getting psyched up to paint Micah's room. I told Kim (a friend from work who loves to paint) and she said if it was raining and she can't paint the outside of her house, she would be ready to help. We'll see what the weekend brings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
dI miss you, too, Mom. Gabby tried to call me on Sunday. I get my tuxedo next Saturday, Sept. 26. I had a really great adventure. I know one thing: Mapquest can't be trusted. Well, I'll see you in three weeks. Hey, the first choir performance is during Homecoming. We are doing Mass of Creation. I hope the choir isn't too serious. Again, I love you. And don't make my room too dark.
Post a Comment