Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nothing beats an hour long massage for a wonderful ending to a rather taxing day at work. First, in my quest to get to work on time, I forget that there is a funeral today at the Lutheran church so I could not park in that parking lot and had to circle the block to go to the other parking lot. I managed to punch in technically "on time" at 8:04 though. Kim had oodles of calls regarding our newest collections plan. The people are starting to get their letters that state they have the option of either guaranteeing they will pay their bill within 10 months or having their bill going to a loan company where they can pay in their same small amounts but have interest added. Any change in policy and notification of past due accounts always brings out the best in people.

To make my life more interesting, I swear I was doomed to do nothing but wheel fat people around everywhere today. I mean, seriously, these people were like three times my size. I probably looked like the Grinch's dog, Max, while trying to push these people around in the wheelchairs! Kim just sat there with a smirk on her face which really helps a lot. It is really difficult to try to push somebody that large and act like it is not a problem at all!

However things started looking up when my good buddy, Jim Wilhite, showed up in the late morning. He stayed around waiting for appointments all afternoon and so I have never been hugged and squeezed and told how very beautiful I am so much in one day as I have been today. That is definitely not a bad thing.

By 4:00 I was more than ready for my massage. I had an hour long massage with hot stones. She massaged my face, my arms and hands, my legs and feet and then concentrated on my back, shoulders and neck with the hot stones. After that was done, I had told Mike I would meet him at mass. We sat in the second pew so I had to really try hard to not drift off or fall off the pew like a rag doll. I really must make it a point to do that massage thing more often. (I say that every time!) Now to put on my p.j.s and curl up on the couch or even better, go straight to bed.

No comments: