Sunday, September 19, 2010

Welcome to Harvest!!

Well, I think it's official. Harvest is rolling into full gear as Mike turned into "Hyde" today. Yesterday all was well, we were smiling and joking. Everything was great. This afternoon he tries to pick fights and is back into the finding some way for anythiing and everything to be MY fault. I guess I just need to grin and bear it for the next couple of months. Someday "Jekyl" will return and life will be easier again.



Before this horrible turn of events, we did go to Mason City for a few things...well, some of them were indulgences on my part. I got some new shoes and boots for fall/winter. Younkers was having a sale where I did buy two of the three pairs and the other I found at Target. Don't get any ideas Gabby! These puppies are all mine! I will be getting rid of a couple pairs of shoes to make room for these so you'd better come home if you want to claim some of my old shoes!

Speaking of Gabby coming home, I wish she would! I would like to get away and do some girl stuff like real shopping, not the kind where you take your husband and son along and they stand there and sigh. I am on the hunt for one nice leather item for my fall/winter wardrobe but I don't know just what yet. It will probably be something "classic" that will not go out of style as if I am going to spend the chunk of money that I will have to dole out, I want it to last a few years at least. Any ideas out there? Hmmmmm...



Micah, your dad filled that empty space in the garage. It's not exactly the cute little convertible I had hoped for but I guess there is no top to it. He is a little worried about the dogs getting in the garage and chewing up the seat though. (They wouldn't do that to a convertible!) We'll see how long this lasts.

Hopefully this will be an easy week here. I do have a massage scheduled for Wednesday and an appointment to see the doctor on Thursday the latter shouldn't be any big deal. I can't wait for the massage though! I might even do some baking this week, pumpkin bread sounds good and I could take a little loaf to mom and dad. I also hope to officially transform Micah's bedroom into a guest room. Maybe I will get it done and take a picture for the next post...or do you want to be surprised, Micah?!?

No comments: