Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just got home from shopping with Reed. Gabby where are you when I need you! He gets his senior pictures taken after school on Thursday. We needed to get some pants for his suit as his suit pants didn't fit any longer. He also needed a couple more shirts as his wardrobe beyond "Family Guy" tee shirts is limited. After work we hit the road and headed off to Kohl's. Turns out we aren't the only ones who haven't gotten around to senior pictures. Skylar Vega and his mom were shopping for "picture clothes" too. We picked up a pair of blue pants for his suit and a couple of casual shirts. Now if I can get him to get rid of the facial hair before Thursday!

When I returned home, I listened to my messages on the machine. There was a message from Loras and my heart jumped in my throat. It was Micah's support person for specialty services. She called to say that Micah is having some of the typical adjustment issues as every freshman has...and is handling it just great! She is really impressed with the way he is dealing with the changes. They went over his grades at their meeting and they are mostly average grades but he is coming up with ways he could pull them up and is realizing his weaknesses and how to correct and overcome them. That just made my day! Way to go, Micah!

Gabby is coming home this weekend so I guess that means I need to uncover the bed for her! We kind of moved a lot of stuff from Micah's room when we painted and just piled it all up on her bed. I can't wait to see her again. Gee, it should be about time for her to wear her first pair of real earrings!!! There's something we can do!

Tomorrow is Mike's birthday and we are going to see The Temptations in Mason City. I don't care if field work is in full swing, he is going to take just a few hours off and have a happy birthday, dammit! I can't wait!

No comments: