Sunday, September 26, 2010

This has been a rather busy weekend in that I did get a lot accomplished but there are always other little projects that nag at me. On Saturday morning, Mike and I went to town to run some errands, one of them being picking up some paint for Micah's old room. I am not revealing the color as he is fearing it is pink and I want to keep him guessing. Anyway, Mike and I worked on painting the room while Reed concentrated on laundry and getting some grub together for lunch. In the afternoon, Mike went up and removed all the painter's tape and after that proceeded to leave to go somewhere with my nephew. I went up to look at the room and it needed a second coat. I went and got the roller and brush and put the second coat on. It went on fairly fast and I was able to do the trim without painter's tape. Now to put the room back together. Hopefully I can get that finished up this week and that will be a good job done. Why does it seem to go so much faster on those TV shows?



After mass today we brought home an extra little urchin, our good friend, Amanda. We went for breakfast at the Heartland Diner and we decided to make carmel apples. Of course we had to go to the grocery store for supplies for this. Amanda also needed to stop at Dollar General as she wanted to get Mike something for his birthday. After that we came home, changed our clothes and for entertainment -- we went through my jewelry drawer and looked at ALL my jewelry. There were some necklaces and earrings that I no longer wear and guess who was more than glad to take them off my hands? She had a little problem with me throwing away jewelry that was broken, extremely old and outdated or earrings without a mate. I warned her that she may grow up to be a hoarder (she didn't know what a hoarder was though).

After all of that was done and my jewelry drawer was back in order, we got to the making of the carmel apples. They turned out pretty darn good but I didn't have any waxed paper so you can about imagine the sticky mess on the foil. I had a little extra carmel so I came up with dipping some marshmallows in carmel and then rice krispies. That was a yummy treat -- Mike thought so too!

At last it will turn October this week! I know everybody says, "September is just going so fast!" but to me it is just dragging by. Gabby said she will be home this weekend and of course Micah will be home on the 13th. I am really missin' those two!

On Friday my good buddy, Jim Wilhite, fell getting out of the car to come into his physical therapy appointment. He had a gash on his forehead along with a nice goose egg. He got admitted as when they checked him out he had pneumonia as well. When I went upstairs to visit him before I left work on Friday, I could feel the heat coming off of his cheek when I hugged him. I told him he was hot and he said, "Yeah, Bev tells me that all the time!" He is such a sweetheart. They were supposed to be the grand marshalls for CWL's homecoming parade that afternoon but it was not to be. Hopefully things will turn around for him and he can get home tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will be getting my flu shot at work. It feels like it's kind of early but that is when they set the date. As of last year, it is mandatory to get the flu shot for all employees. If you decline or are allergic to the immunization, you must wear a mask during patient/public contact. That only affects a couple employees, two of which are in the dietary department. I get really tired of seeing them in masks by Spring.

Mike is going to try to get some corn out and test out Dad's dryer to make sure it is in working order before they go full steam. They made their plans for the morning when we went in to Mom & Dad's house this evening. Deb and Pat and their family were all there and we played a game of cards (my team won --- WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND!) and ordered pizza. I had two pieces of taco pizza and am now officially stuffed.

Mike's birthday is on Wednesday and we plan to go to Mason City to see The Temptations. I love to go to stuff like that but this time of year it is always a gamble as to whether or not we'll be able to go. Kind of depends on the weather and thet harvest progress. If not, I'll have to find another date! Hopefully he will beb able to get away for an evening.

No comments: