Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Awesome Experience



Today's day was a wonderful experience. We got on the bus this morning and headed to our audience with the Pope. Wouldn't you know, today is one of the record low temperature days for Rome!!! We were warned that they had a sneaking suspicion the audience would be held outside and warned to dress in layers and they were right. We sat outside on the square for about 3 1/2 hours in very cold temps (I'm afraid to know what the temperatures actually were today!). When the Pope finally appeared it was clearly all worth while. What an amazing sight to see the leader of the church and to hear his words to all in many languages.

After lunch, we went to see Trevi Fountain and ended up at the catacombs where we had a tour and ended with mass there. Mike and I are going on a bus tour of Rome at night tonight. Micah opted not to go as he is exhausted and both of them are sleeping as I post this. We have a big day tomorrow as the bus leaves at 7 a.m. and the day will be full. I am relaying your messages sent in the comments and this gives me the opportunity to meet some terrific people. Thanks for taking the time to read this and know that your loved ones are all doing well. We are all just one big happy family looking out for one another on this trip. It really is a great experience.

10 comments:

Goldriley said...

It sounds like you are having a great time! I can't wait to hear more about it! Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for the blog and keeping us up-to-date. My name is Libby and my grandpa and grandma are in your group (Don and Bette). If you can tell them I said hello, that I hope they are having a great time, and that my Uncle Spencer told me that they should be sure to try the gelato over there, as it is marvelous. Love the pictures too!!!

Unknown said...

Hi. My parents and brother are on the trip with you (Tom, Glenda, Matthew Kuhn), and I really appreciate being able to follow their trip through your notes. Thank you for keeping all of us back home up to date. Enjoy your trip!

sarah said...

Hi Kristi,
My name is Sarah Albrecht and my parents are on the trip with you...Dale and Jeanine Albrecht. Thanks for creating the blog. It's great to see what you guys are doing every day. I'm happy to hear that everyone is safe and sound and having a good time. If you see my parents around tell them hi for me and I hope they are having a blast. Sarah

Karen Sankey said...

What an swesome day you had! Great photos, looks like you were pretty close to the front. Did Fr. Brad remember to pack an Iowa flag? Gotta be proud!

Britt state wrestling results: Tlach lost 1st and 2nd matches. Kronemann lost 1st and won 2nd. Kruger lost 1st and won 2nd.

Have a great day in Rome!

spunky48 said...

hey girl hope you are doing ok tell miss teresa and mr craig hi for me , this sharon from the hospital we miss you guys

KAH said...

I am glad you are having a good time. How's the coffee? I know you don't drink it but has anyone else had some. You know me I want a good cup of coffee. The night tour sounds romantic. Have fun!! Miss ya! KAH

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates, we appreciate them. My parents and brother (Kuhn's) are on the trip with you. It is nice to know all made it safely. We hope you have a great time! Let them know we are keeping updated through the blog and all are fine back at home. Thank you!

JulieAllyn said...

Greetings! My name is Julie Johnson and my mother is Mike Clark from Forest City. It's so nice that you are posting your adventures for all of us to read! If you would please tell Mom hello, we love her and hope she's having a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the blog and keeping us up-to-date. It sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Please say hi to Dave and Dona Yegge. We hope they are enjoying every minute. Can't wait to see more pictures.