Following mass this a.m. we let Reed pick the breakfast place and he chose Mary Jo's Hobo House. After filling our tummies there, we headed home for a day of last minute laundry and final packing. All that remains of the packing are the things we will use tomorrow morning in getting ready to go and our meds.
We went in to see my parents this evening. I had to make sure I got my hugs, kisses and "I love you"s in before we left. They are very excited for us and can't wait to hear all about it when we return.
I think Reed is getting excited and maybe a little nervous about staying at home -- making sure he catches the bus in the a.m. (we haven't done that in this house for a few years!) and even cooking himself supper on some nights. He has plenty of people checking up on him until his cousin gets home from work to stay with him.
I really had better get to bed and try and get a good night's sleep before our long day of travel and adventure begins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey there
Take care of Marlyn and Ruth. They're the only parents I have. I did'nt get a chance to see them off so I'd like a chance to see them back.
The "Hansen Girls" and families are eagerly awaiting news of your safe arrival. You have all been in our thoughts and prayers. We are so very excited for all of you!
Update for West Hancock: Boys basketball won last night 73-66 over Belmond/Klemme.
Thank you so much Kristi for starting this blog.
Thank you for setting up the blog for the Rome trip. We are glad that all made it safely. Please say "hi" to our good friends Doug and Mavis King. I'm sure you will meet them during the trip if you haven't already. Take care and have fun!
Post a Comment