What a gorgeous, sunny day we had today! I hear it may not be so back home. We had a very nice day today. Since it was a "free" day today I can only relate to what we did today. This morning we had mass at Santa Maria Sopra Minerva which is a church very close to the Pantheon. The picture with Father Brad shows him showing the marks on the church where the Tibre river flooded to at various points in time. Following mass, those that wished, were lead by Father Dellaert and Father Pelzel to 5 other churches within walking distance. The statue of the BVM, the tomb of St. Catherine of Sienna and of course another organ (can you tell I'm one of the musicians?) were among the sites seen at these churches. We then ate lunch at a restaurant with both the priests. There were probably about 20 of us and I don't think anyone had the same type of spaghetti. It was delicious. Micah opted for the pizza as you can see in the picture.
After lunch, Craig and Marlene, Teresa, Rose and the three of us, all went shopping. We shopped until poor Rose about dropped. Mike kept looking for a "Euro General" but alas there were none to be found. He thought that surely that would be a lot cheaper. Unfortunately, I think we found a couple of crooked taxi drivers for the ride back to the hotel. It cost 14 euros for the ride there from the hotel and 18 euros for the ride back from the same spot. I think we got taken for a ride in more ways than one.
Tomorrow we look forward to mass at the North American College at which Father Dellaert has assured me padded kneelers. Maybe my prayers will be answered from mass earlier today! Following that Marlene and I have our hearts set on more shopping. Our group (Group B as we have been labeled) is all cringing to hear when our "wake up" call will be as our plane is slated to depart at 6 something in the morning. Our guide did hint that we do have to have our check in suitcases ready to go at 10 p.m. I warned the Leerars and the Hansens at the dinner table tonight that the "magic" may not happen for my appearances on the flight home and ordered Craig to NOT take any pictures!!
Hope this finds all of you safe and most of all WARM!
No comments:
Post a Comment