Monday, March 8, 2010

Home Sweet? Home








Well, we departed Sunday afternoon from the airport in St. Thomas leaving behind chilly temperatures and rain. I felt sorry for the people just arriving there as the forecast was cool and rainy for the next few days. That would be a bummer to come all that way and have bad weather for the majority of the vacation.

I went from suntanned toes in the sand, toes in the water, to toes in the snow. The last one is not too fun to photograph believe me. Even though everyone here says the weather is great it still is going to take some get used to compared to what we have been accustomed to for the past week.

My guys were glad to see me (which makes me feel good). Mike did admit two things that I appreciated hearing. 1.) Being the one who gets left behind isn't much fun. 2.) Nothing dare happen to me because keeping up with the daily grind here at home is work and he would definitely have to hire someone to help. Maybe absence does make the heart grow fonder. I will confess, I was glad to see them too.

Upon my arrival home (once I got past the dogs' greetings!) I discovered a new television in the family room. This was a much needed acquisition so it is pretty exciting. I got all unpacked and started some laundry. Then the guys started arriving home and the stories and questions are flowing. I managed to squeeze in a shower and now the burning question is, "What's for supper?". I guess the vacation is officially over. Time to tend to all the build up from the past 10 days. Hope you have enjoyed reading about the vacation as much as we had living those events for your entertainment!

No comments: