Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lazy Day


We awoke to a rather windy day and are still recovering from the past two day's sun and last night's partying so we figured we would take a day off from the beaches. We went to the Donkey Diner for breakfast. I ordered the Donkey's Mess which is kind of like Hobo Hashbrowns only with eggs and I think a little bit better (don't tell Mary Jo!). Bobby had the stuffed french toast which she said, and I quote, "This is quite possibly better than sex." Jamie had a tortilla which was basically stuffed with with the donkey's mess. We all tried each other's food and none of us were in the clean plate club by the end. It was yummy! We then drove around as far as the road would take us to the east and then we drove on the south portion of the island trying to find some beaches that the waitress told us about last night. We did end up driving on some roads which, after we were done, I noticed that the map said "No rental cars" for those roads. We did a little shopping and got a few t-shirts and a couple of purses between us.



Here it is....my Wednesday suit. This could likely be my Thursday suit as well since we didn't really technically hit any beaches today. I know you're all in suspense so stay tuned!







Here is our daily pic of all three of us. This was a little tricky as Bobby has a new camera and wasn't quite sure how the timer worked. She can move pretty fast in 10 seconds! Today was a good recuperating day for the us. We all had quite the redness going on all over our bodies, the girls were up a few times during the night with the after effects of the fresh coconut from Tyrone, the coconut man at the bar last night (I told them this would happen...I've watched Survivor!) and the two of them have allergies like there is no tomorrow. So far Jamie has earned the nickname of 'Sneezy'. We finally found some allergy medicines today while we were shopping. They both took a dose and Jamie took a little afternoon nap. She is also fighting sleep as I am typing this (it is only 9:10).



We went back to Skinny Legs tonight for supper and to hang out for a while. The crowd there tonight was a little bit dull...even the waitresses working tonight were just too down to business. The most interesting (I guess that's the best way to describe him) character we met tonight, and that was not our doing. He "makes stuff out of stuff" which, by the way he was acting, who knows just what the 'stuff' he makes is? He takes tourists out sailing but believe me, we didn't book a tour with him tomorrow!

Better get to winding down as Jamie has already given up and turned in for the night. Time to get some rest for tomorrow's adventures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

8 in the evening and just got in from hauling beans. The boys will be home soon and it was a beauty for ia weather; sunny 35 or so. Looking at the donkey mess at close up id have to try it to believe its better than hobo hash. Missing u at home! Mike and the boys!!