
We started off our day by renting snorkel equipment. We headed to Salt Bond Bay and had to hike a short distance to the beach. The beach there was not as clean as the previous days' beaches. Bobby is now a die-hard snorkeler but Jamie and I are more "high maintenance" -- requiring perfect conditions before heading out to the waters. Jamie's lips were sunburned and the salt waters were hurting her mouth anyway. Jamie's sunburn is so bad today that we have put her in solitary confinement under the shade when we go to the beach. I have resorted to covering up my legs from the knees on down with a towel so as not to further burn my feet and ankles. It's only taken us 5 days to learn our lessons!

After leaving Salt Pond Bay, we had lunch and went to the bathroom in a real bathroom (I don't cop a squat very well). We then went to Maho Bay, which we have been driving by every day but would not want to spend the whole day as they have no facilities there (reference to the above). It was the first beach we've ever been to where we've been invaded by chickens. They just kind of roam all about the beach and the roosters crow and scare you half to death just as you have become relaxed in your chair. It was a nice beach though, very pretty sand. Our 'little mermaid' didn't think the snorkeling was all that great although we heard a couple people say they saw a turtle swimming out in the bay. Guess she didn't look in the right places.

All right, here it is -- the moment you've all been waiting for -- my Friday swimsuit. Well here it is but we juiced it up just a little bit for my brother-in-law. EAT YOUR HEART OUT PAT!

Upon returning home, we were met at the bottom of the driveway by -- you guessed it -- DONKEYS! We just had to pet them and one of them stuck his head in the window when I rolled it down. Jamie got out and picked a little more aloe and also got up close and personal with one of the donkeys. You know, it's just the little things in life that just seem to thrill us so!

After getting to the villa, we showered and had a massive aloe application. My feet and ankles are killing me, Bobby is starting to peel and Jamie is peeling literally up to her ears! Bobby and I are constantly reprimanding her "not to pick" her skin. We are starting to sound like Grandma!

For supper, we thought we would go to the Donkey Diner and have a pizza. We ordered drinks and an appetizer (donkey balls) and a pizza. After we hade eaten the appetizer, the waitress came out and said that somehow there had been a mix-up and the last pizza was ordered right before ours. Where else does this happen but on the islands? Out of consideration, our drinks and appetizer were on the house. So the girls ordered another round and we carried them down to Skinny Legs down the street (yes we carried our drinks from one bar to another...that is allowed here) and had sandwiches. They had live music tonight and once again we closed down the place (all right they close at 8 but we kept them open until 9:30!) The band asked if we had a request...they didn't know the chicken dance but they played a polka for us and Jamie and I polka'd all around the bar. That really tires a person out! We had a great time today and the islanders are all hoping for rain tomorrow...seems they have had kind of a drought lately. I guess a little shade wouldn't hurt us any either...I'm sure there's always shopping we could do! Well, I think I might have a couple of oreos and turn in for the night.
1 comment:
Hey, Ma. I am enjoying your blogs. Get back home before you burn yourself as bad as your "sisters". Lol. I miss you so much the past week. Well, hopefully, you'll come back home and sleep with the jet lag under your eyes.
Luv ya. Your eldest son.
Post a Comment