Thursday, March 18, 2010



We attended the Coffee House Concert tonight at the high school. Sat by Keith and Kari Formanek and lo and behold our kids had solos and none of us knew about it. Pictured here are their daughter, Taylor and our son, Micah, singing their solos in the song 'Down By The River to Pray'. They did a great job -- Mr. Verburg had the entire chorus interspersed amongst the crowd while singing this song and it sounded great.



Attending the concert is my main squeeze at work, Jim Wilhite. He is also Vana Kruger's dad. Vana is a close and personal friend of Micah's. Jim had a stroke this fall and has been working hard and making great strides. Just this week he has started to walk and I have even seen him walking with just a cane instead of a walker during therapy. That earned him a round of applause from me! It seems like just yesterday we were just thrilled to death when he could swallow food once again. He keeps me on my toes and I try to do the same for him.

Finally it will be Friday! I still have yet to put in a full work week since vacation but it still is gruesome to be back at work. Once I get this weekend and the ham dinner behind me it will be a relief. Then it will be off to the next high point. Gabby went back to Cedar Rapids today (she thinks she needs to earn a little money -- imagine that!). Well, Mike is going to tackle the taxes tomorrow by himself (I know he can do it!) so I had better go and show him how everything is organized. Say a little prayer for him!

No comments: